Thursday, August 13, 2009

You Made the Mess

We have all heard that saying you made the mess so you clean it up right? So why doesn't that work with my 3 year old? I have had a really tough week with Gabriela. Our poor playroom has seen better days.

On Tuesday I set the kids up with a movie and breakfast so I could take a quick shower. I get out of the shower and peek out to check on the kids. Gabriela is no longer sitting on the sofa. I call up to her and she told me she was watching a show in the playroom. I get dressed and head up to check on her. When I get there I was shocked at what I saw. She had taken 2 bottles of sunscreen and put it on all of her babies, on the table and sofa. I looked at here told her I was very angry and I couldn't even look at her right now. She ran downstairs crying and hid in my bed. She stayed there for a while then she asked, "are you still so mad you can't look at me?"

On Wednesday, while I was making dinner, Gabriela decided to have a tea party upstairs in the playroom and use real water and have peanut butter pops as the snack. Peanut butter pop is a spoonful of peanut butter that you lick...a snack my brother created for the kids. (I have no idea how she got the peanut butter, I was in the kitchen the whole time.) When I went up to check on her there was peanut butter on every plastic play spoon to her tea set and water on the entire table and in the jar of peanut butter. All I could do was scream! She took off running to hide again leaving me once again to clean the mess. I did tell her that she made both of those messes so she was going to clean them up. I left her for about 5 mins to clean and then went up to do the rest.

Everyone thinks that she is such a little angel and with that face she manages to get away with way too much.

No comments: