Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School



Summer is over...really?  Not according to this HOT Texas weather.  Regardless of what the weather says  it's  back to school today :(  I am blessed to have a job that gives me the luxury to spend the summers with the kids...I just wish this time would last a little longer...not just summertime but childhood. 

I am looking at my babies today and noticing they are not babies anymore.  They are elementary kids...when did that happen?  I remember the first day of day care for both of the kids and how anxious I was about leaving them. 

I watched this morning as they eagerly got ready for the day and held back the tears.  I hope they know how much we love them and how proud we are of them.  As a teacher I always looked at "those" parents that cried as their kids went into school and thought they are only going to be away from them for a few hour.  Today I realized what a milestone this really is...yes they are only going to be gone from us for a few hours but with each hour/day/year they become more and more independent.  We have to trust that we are raising them to make good choices on this journey to independence.  I pray that we are.

Here's to another school year...remember to be a friend and make a friend...something I say to the kids every morning. 

No comments: