Friday, August 12, 2011

Do You Know Who I Am?


This was the amazing, eye opening book we read for bible study.  I wanted to share one of my favorite paragraphs in the whole book and one that I will carry with me forever....there are several quotes I loved from this book but this paragraph really stuck with me.

In chapter 2 ... Do you know I am invisible?  Angela Thomas talks about how we all want to be seen and appreciated  my favorite paragraph says it all.

"He sees you wander through the night retucking the princess sheets and superhero blankets. He stands with you in your laundry room, cheering for you as you match the endless socks and take the extra minutes to work on the newest stains.  He knows that you struggle with the monotony of one day after another, each one exhausting and without a measurable accomplishment. Not only does God see, but maybe it would help you to know that He is filled with great pride over your sacrifice and your love.  He watches how you care for the ones He has entrusted to you. When you give to those who will forget to say thank you, all of heaven stands to applaud you." 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!  I think everyone should know this.  It is so hard to get through the daily grind of life unnoticed and unappreciated but it is nice to know He sees us.

Linking up here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful paragraph... and a well needed reminder after the night I've had with my kids! Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like a great book.